Thursday, March 28, 2013
He decided he would ask for a meal at the next house.
However, he lost his nerve when a lovely young woman opened the door. Instead of a meal he asked for a drink of water.
She thought he looked hungry so brought him a large
glass of milk He drank it slowly, and then asked, "How much do I owe you?""You don't owe me anything," she replied "Mother has taught us never to accept payment for a kindness."
He said... "Then I thank you from my heart."
As Howard Kelly left that house, he not only felt; stronger physically, but his faith in God and man was strong also. He had been ready to give up and quit. Years later that young woman became critically ill. The local doctors were baffled. They finally sent her to the big city, where they called in specialists to study her rare disease. Dr. Howard Kelly was called in for the consultation.
When he heard the name of the town she came from, a strange light filled his eyes. Immediately he rose and went down the hall of the hospital to her room. Dressed in his doctor's gown he went in to see her.
He recognized her at once. He went back to the consultation
room determined to do his best to save her life. From that day he gave special attention to the case. After a long struggle, the battle was won. Dr. Kelly requested the business office to pass the final bill to him for approval.
He looked at it, then wrote something on the edge and the bill was sent to her room. She feared to open it, for she was sure it would take the rest of her life to pay for it all. Finally, she looked, and something caught her attention on the side as she read these
"Paid in full with one glass of milk." (Signed) Dr. Howard Kelly.
Tears of joy flooded her eyes as her happy heart prayed: "Thank You,GOD, that Your love has spread abroad through human hearts and hands."
Note: Howard Atwood Kelly, M.D. (February 20, 1858 – January 12, 1943) was an American gynecologist. He was one of the "Big Four" founding professors at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore Maryland USA. Kelly is credited with establishing gynecology as a true specialty.
NOW YOU HAVE TWO CHOICES.
You can Share this message to spread a positive message or ignore it and pretend it never touched you.
1. BerriesAll berries are low in sugar and high in fiber. Blueberries have been shown to increase memory in lab
2. BeansBeans are extremely high in fiber, which helps to control weight, prevent or manage diabetes and
3. NutsSome of the largest and most important long-term studies of diet and health have shown that eating nuts several times a week is consistent with a risk of heart attack and heart disease that is 30%-50% lower than the general population. Just one ounce of nuts-almonds, macadamia, Brazil , walnuts, pecans-eaten three to five times a week seems to be the magic number.
4. Wild Salmon
Fish is the ultimate anti-aging food. Cold-water fatty fish like wild salmon, sardines, mackerel and herring contain omega-3 fats that protect the brain and the heart, improve mood, and lower blood pressure and triglycerides.
5. Raw Milk
9. Onions and Garlic
10. Pomegranate Juice
11. Green TeaThough all teas are great for you, green tea has a unique profile of plant chemicals that have
1. No Breakfast:People who do not take breakfast are going to have a lower blood sugar level. This leads to an insufficient supply of nutrients to the brain causing brain degeneration.
2. Overeating:It causes hardening of the brain arteries, leading to a decrease in mental power.
3. Smoking:It causes multiple brain shrinkage and may lead to Alzheimer disease.
4. High Sugar consumption:Too much sugar will interrupt the absorption of proteins and nutrients causing malnutrition and may interfere with brain development.
5. Air Pollution:The brain is the largest oxygen consumer in our 20 body. Inhaling polluted air decreases the supply of oxygen to the brain, bringing about a decrease in brain efficiency.
6. Sleep Deprivation:Sleep allows our brain to rest.. Long term deprivation from sleep will accelerate the death of brain cells.
7. Head covered while sleeping:Sleeping with the head covered increases the concentration of carbon dioxide and decrease concentration of oxygen that may lead to brain damaging effects.
8. Working your brain during illness:Working hard or studying with sickness may lead to a decrease in effectiveness of the brain as well as damage the brain.
9. Lacking in stimulating thoughts:Thinking is the best way to train our brain, lacking in brain stimulation thoughts may cause brain shrinkage.
10. Talking Rarely:Intellectual conversations will promote the efficiency of the brain
The sleep boxes at Dubai Airport called SnoozeCube contains a full-sized bed, a touch-screen television offering a selection of entertainment and music, as well as high speed internet access. Most importantly, the snooze cube units are connected to Dubai airport’s flight information system to ensure that during rest and relaxation, passengers do not miss their flights. As many as 10 of the sound-proofed units have been installed adjacent to Gate 122 at Dubai Airport’s Terminal 1 and are already proving to be a major attraction.
Commenting on the launch of SnoozeCube at Dubai International, Eugene Barry, Vice President of Commercial at Dubai Airports said,
The creator of the SnoozeCube, Larry Swann said that Dubai Airports’ desire to be the first airport to install the system was a reflection of the emirate’s vision to continually enhance the travellers’ experience, particularly at its points of entry and departure.
During the pilot phase, the SnoozeCube at Dubai Airport has been an instant hit with passengers at Dubai Airport particularly among transfer/transit passengers with shorter layover times. It can be used on an hourly basis with rates starting from AED 65 (approx. US$ 17.80) per hour for the first 4 hours.
“Given our country’s strong culture of innovation, resourcefulness and creativity in business it’s not surprising the SnoozeCube has been created by a New Zealander. We are confident SnoozeCube will become a familiar name for the millions of passengers travelling to Dubai and in other airports around the world in the months and years to come,” he said.
We don't know about you, but if we hear the same-old skin care tips one more time (you know -- wear sunscreen, have a derm check your moles once a year, exfoliate twice a week), we're going to scream.
We all know about these often-repeated good skin care habits we need to follow for a perfect, glowing complexion. And as beauty veterans, we're even familiar with the more obscure tips, like patting your moisturizer into your skin instead of rubbing it, or applying urine on your face to fight acne (which is so false BTW). read more...